What are our key ministries that will help you grow spiritually? People who regularly attend a weekend worship, Adult Bible Fellowships and Home Groups get “Grounded in Christ” by attending Alpha Sunday Nights; then they participate in a closed accountability “Growth Group” (Growing in Christ); as they continue in an ongoing “Growth Group” they also serve on a ministry team (Going for Christ); while mature believes also embrace opportunities to lead and guide others in ministries of discipleship and service (Guiding for Christ).
We are a community of people in the process of becoming more like Jesus Christ. He is our treasure, our hope for life and lasting joy. We come from varied life experiences and, together, strive to make His Name known to the world. We do this by living out His values, displaying His character, and serving others for the glory of God. It’s simple, at our church we desire to be…
“Grounded in Christ, Growing in Christ and Going for Christ.”
Maybe you are attending a Home Group, Sunday Worship, an Adult Bible Fellowship, Celebrate Recovery or found a place to volunteer, but we invite you now to take the next step in your spiritual journey.
Grounded in Christ
In this phase you will explore with others who Jesus is and what He did for you on the Cross. You’ll begin to see that God is for you and not against you, that He desires to have a relationship with you through His Son. You’ll have opportunities to receive His gift of new life, learn foundational truths of the Gospel and learn how to share your spiritual story with others.
Ministry Pathway: “Sunday Nights”
Alpha… Freedom… Bible Overview… Contagious Christian…
Growing in Christ
Continuing your journey of growing in Him involves a close circle of Christian friends. Your life begins to transform as you encourage one another to develop basic Christian habits, tell others about Jesus and discover how God has wired you for serving.
Ministry Pathway – “Growth Groups”
– Discipleship Essentials…How to Study the Bible… 1 Corinthians… Don’t Waste Your Life…
Going for Christ
As a follower of Christ you partner with others in striving to make Jesus Christ known to the world. This involves maintaining a rock-solid commitment to Jesus and expanding your knowledge, character and Christian habits as you use your gifts in service or leadership.
Ministry Pathway: “Serving Team”
involvement, disciple-making leadership, and in-depth Growth Group Bible Studies
What are Serving Teams?
These are the core of how we work together. Some teams focus on disciple-making leadership in mid-sized or small groups for children, youth or adults. Others serve in a variety of ministries such as choir, ushers, greeters, children’s ministry helpers, community outreach, short-term missions and work trips, etc.
SEEKING GOD: Drawing near to God in worship and prayer, personally and corporately.
COME AND SEE – Level 1, Spiritual Seekers to Growing Believers
- Is introduced to and develops a sincere interest in Jesus and spiritual things. John 6:44
- Hears the Good News and becomes convinced that Jesus is God. John 20:31
- Accepts Jesus as His/Her Personal Savior. John 3:16
- Identifies publicly with Jesus and is baptized. Romans 6:4
- Worships God, personally and publicly, experiencing the power of God. Hebrews 13:15
LOVING ONE ANOTHER: Deepening spiritual growth in the context of close relationships.
COME AND SEE – Level 2, Growing Believers in Vital Fellowship
- Rejoices in and learns about his/her new life in Christ by joining with other believers (the Body of Christ). Hebrews 10:24-25
- Experiences assurance of salvation, a change in self-perception and identity as a beloved child of God, as he/she comes to know the
- glorious new life of power and joy prepared for him/her in Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Is introduced to the person of the Holy Spirit. Ephesians 1:13
- Desires to learn and grow in God’s Word—the Bible. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Establishes the foundational beliefs of the Christian faith. 1 Peter 2:2-3
- Experiences a sincere yearning and love for God and is eager to share and express this love. 1 John 4:19
SHARING CHRIST: Declaring the Good News of forgiveness and salvation through Jesus Christ.
FOLLOW ME Growing Believers to Faithful Witnesses
- Participates as an effective member in the Body of Christ. Romans 12:4-5
- Walks in righteousness. Romans 6:22
- Spends time with a disciple maker and learns how to share the gospel. Matthew 4:19
- Learns to live controlled and empowered by the Holy Spirit. Romans 8:9
- Begins to exhibit godly character and the fruit of the Holy Spirit. Galatians 6:16
- Practices spiritual disciplines of worship, Bible study, prayer, fellowship, witnessing, giving and serving. Colossians 3:6-7
- Demonstrates the truth, spirit and power of the Lord’s Prayer. Matthew 6:9-13
- Experiences the supernatural power of God. 2 Peter 1:3
- Desires to be involved in ministry and ministry training. Colossians 3:23-24
SERVING OTHERS: Demonstrating God’s love by using gifts and abilities to serve within the church, the community and beyond.
BE WITH ME Faithful Witnesses to Motivated Ministers
- Correctly handles and teaches God’s Word—the Bible. 2 Timothy 2:15
- Has a proper view of money and material possessions Hebrews 13:5
- Understands the reason for and use of spiritual gifts in the church. 1 Corinthians 12:7
- Consistently practices basic Christian disciplines while adding new ones. John 8:31
- Continues in ministry with a godly mindset. 1 Timothy 4:16
- Continues in effective outreach as a laborer in the harvest fields. Matthew 9:36-38
- Maintains Christ-honoring relationships with family, the local church, other believers & non-believers. John 13:35
- Multiplies oneself by modelling and apprenticing others in ministry. 2 Timothy 2:2
- Engages in spiritual battle and exercising spiritual authority. 1 Corinthians 4:2
- A disciple is willing to suffer, lose all, or die for Christ’s sake. Luke 14:27
REMAIN IN ME: Motivated Ministers to Lifelong Disciplers
- Serves faithfully on earth with a heart longing for heaven and Christ’s return. Philippians 3:20
- Pursues a deeper understanding of the character of God through the ministry of the Holy Spirit. Revelation 17:14
- Submits fully to Lordship of Christ. John 20:29
- Leads in unifying the Body of Christ. John 17:21
- Defends the faith in key matters of doctrine. 1 Peter 3:15
- Has developed an intimate knowledge of God resulting in praise and adoration. Philippians 2:9-11
- Trains disciples and emerging leaders for spiritual growth and ministry, training others to train others. Matthew 28:19
As Christians, our mission to the world is rooted in the Character of God, and what we do flows from understanding the heart of God. Simply put, World Missions is the heart of God, and we are involved in World Missions because God is. In a nutshell, World Missions is God’s desire of seeing sinful man reconciled to Him and the nations of the world won to Christ, and it is the theme of the bible from Genesis to Revelation.
The “Great commission” of Jesus Christ and the purpose of the Church found in Matthew 28:18-20 is to make Disciples, World disciples. It should be the outpouring of every ministry of the church and Acts 1:8 gives us the where, in our community, in our state and nation and to the ends of the earth.
This is an exciting time to be involved in Missions at BPEFC! Not only is God using BPEFC right here in Brooklyn Park, but we are also involved and committed to the Great Commission by partnering with local indigenous churches of Jesus Christ in many areas globally!
We define missions as: Any endeavor outside the local congregation to fulfill the Great Commission of Christ by proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ, making disciples, and ministering to the totality of human needs: spiritual, emotional, and physical.
With our purpose as: That the lost might be saved, disciples might be made, and local indigenous churches might be established so that the Church can reproduce itself. (Matthew 28:16-20 / Mark 16:15-18)
Revive Church is a part of the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA). The church was originally chartered as the Brooklyn Center Evangelical Free Church in June 1956. They met at a school in Brooklyn Center until a church building was completed one year later. By 1968, the facilities were expanded to include an auditorium to seat 300, a lower fellowship hall and Christian Education space. Ten acres of land were purchased in Brooklyn Park in 1978.
In 1983, the congregation sold the church building in Brooklyn Center and construction of a new facility began on the land in Brooklyn Park. Until construction was completed, worship services were held at Park Center High School in Brooklyn Park. The church moved into the building in 1984 and changed its name to Brooklyn Park Evangelical Free Church. In 1996, the church was severely damaged by fire. During reconstruction, the congregation met at Osseo Senior High School. In 1998, the congregation moved back to the facility which included additional space for offices and Christian Education.
In November 2003, a new sanctuary was completed and dedicated to the Lord’s use. Since that time, we have added 10 contiguous acres to our site which could allow for future expansion. We continue to carry on the legacy that began over fifty years ago—sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ!