AM I RIGHT WITH GOD?
We are all spiritually dysfunctional!
Have you ever wondered why the world is in chaos? Many times God is blamed, but in reality, it is because we are all spiritually dysfunctional. This dysfunction is caused by sin, which always results in broken relationships. Sin keeps all of us from being right with God who is holy.
"Your iniquities (sins) have separated you from God." Isaiah 59:2
How do you know if you have ever sinned? God gave us the Ten Commandments to show us His holiness and our problem of sin.
Have you ever:
- Put anything before God?
- Idolized something?
- Used God’s name disrespectfully?
- Taken something or cheated?
- Lied? (etc.)
The consequence of not being right with God is eternal separation from God in the lake of fire.
"All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23
IS THERE ANY HOPE?
JESUS' INTERVENTION IS TRANSFORMING.
God had a plan to intervene for us by overcoming our sin and restoring us to Himself.
- "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son" John 3:16
- "Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures" 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
- "God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8
- "Jesus said, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.' " John 14:6
Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for sin so we might have forgiveness and restoration with God. This is the way back to God. There is hope for us only through Jesus.
CAN JESUS RESTORE ME?
Jesus restores all who trust Him.
Everyone is trusting (believing) in something to make them right with God. Some are trusting in their religion, their morals, their work ethic; however, only one person and one work can restore sinners like us to God.
- "God was reconciling the world (humanity) to Himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them." 2 Corinthians 5:19
- "Whoever believes in Him (Jesus) is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son." John 3:18
- "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31
HOW DO I RESPOND RIGHT NOW?
Transfer your faith to Jesus right now!
God is inviting you right now to transfer your faith to Jesus.
- Admit it! You have sinned against God and need His forgiveness.
- Make the transfer! Do you choose right now to stop trusting in your own abilities to earn God’s forgiveness and right now choose to trust exclusively in Jesus and His work on the cross to pay for your sins and make you acceptable to God?
If you choose to place your faith in Jesus alone, God has forgiven you, given you Jesus’ righteousness and made you His child.
Pray and thank God for saving you from your sins, giving you eternal life and restoring your relationship to God.
Dear God, I come to you now. I know I am a sinner. Nothing that I do makes me deserving of heaven. I now understand Jesus Christ died for me. He took my place and punishment and rose again. Right now I place my trust in Christ alone to save me. Thank you for the gift of eternal life that I just received. In Jesus’ name, amen.”