Revive Church is a part of the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA). The church was originally chartered as the Brooklyn Center Evangelical Free Church in June 1956. They met at a school in Brooklyn Center until a church building was completed one year later. By 1968, the facilities were expanded to include an auditorium to seat 300, a lower fellowship hall and Christian Education space. Ten acres of land were purchased in Brooklyn Park in 1978.
In 1983, the congregation sold the church building in Brooklyn Center and construction of a new facility began on the land in Brooklyn Park. Until construction was completed, worship services were held at Park Center High School in Brooklyn Park. The church moved into the building in 1984 and changed its name to Brooklyn Park Evangelical Free Church. In 1996, the church was severely damaged by fire. During reconstruction, the congregation met at Osseo Senior High School. In 1998, the congregation moved back to the facility which included additional space for offices and Christian Education.
In November 2003, a new sanctuary was completed and dedicated to the Lord’s use. Since that time, we have added 10 contiguous acres to our site which could allow for future expansion. We continue to carry on the legacy that began over fifty years ago—sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ!